What are eyelash extensions?
Eyelash Extensions are individual strands of synthetic fibers made to replicate a natural eyelash. When applied, eyelash extensions lengthen and thicken your own natural eyelashes. The single strands are applied to each individual eyelash, one by one. With proper application, lash extensions look and feel completely natural.
What is the difference between mink lashes and silk lashes?
Mink, Faux Mink, and Silk extensions are the most commonly used. The main difference between them comes down to their firmness, are they real fur, faux fur or are they synthetic. Real mink lashes usually last longer because they are so light as well as being able to apply several mink extensions per natural lash.
Will eyelash extensions make my natural lashes fall out?
Be sure not to rub your eyes or tug or pull on the extensions because this can cause lash loss and even damage to your natural lashes. If lashes are applied properly and to each individual lash, they will not fall out.
How should I care for my lashes?
- Do not perm or tint lashes after lash extension application.
- Do not use a regular eyelash curler to curl Extensions (you won't need to curl your extensions).
- Do not rub your eyes or lashes when washing your face. Clean around the eyes with a wash cloth.
- Do not pull your lash extensions, as it will take out your own lash as well!
- Do not go in a Sauna while wearing Eyelash Extensions for at least for 48hrs. Do not get them wet at all for 24hrs.
- If you choose to wear mascara - only apply to the tips and use water-based mascara that washes off easily.
- Do not try to remove the Extensions on your own, call me and I will remove them without harming your natural lashes.
- Do not cut the Extensions (you may cut your own lashes).
- Clean your eye make-up, but be gentle with your Extensions.
- Remember to come in for touch ups (2-4 weeks).
- Never tug, twist, pick or pull at your lashes or extensions.
- Treat your eyes gently - as if you have makeup on that you don't want to smudge.
- Brush and groom your lashes gently with a disposable mascara spoolie or eye shadow brush (best choice).
- Try to sleep on your back or side, avoid smashing your lashes completely as you sleep.
- When using night creams/serums, apply sparingly and blot off excess.
- When you touch your lashes, always use upward, sweeping motions - no side to side rubbing at the lash line.
- Keep your fingers off your lashes. Every time you touch them you are transferring natural oil and germs
Can I wear mascara on my lashes?
DO NOT USE OIL-BASED OR WATER-PROOF MASCARA. Waterproof mascara or any type of oil based mascara can dissolve the bonding agent and shorten the life of your eyelash extensions causing them to fall sooner. Care also needs to be taken in washing off the mascara. Only use a water based eye makeup remover.
Can I get my lash extensions wet?
Yes. The bonding agent we use is waterproof and allows you to shower, swim, exercise etc. Special care is required but overall maintenance is low. We do NOT recommend however that you use heavy water, such as in the shower on your lashes for about 24-48hours after the eyelash application.
How long will a set of eyelash extensions last?
When applied by one of our Luxe Lash professionals, eyelash extensions will last the length of the natural growth cycle of your own eyelashes. Depending on your activity and day-to-day routine, refills should only be required every 2 to 4 weeks.
What if I want to remove my eyelash extensions?
We do offer a service to have the extensions removed involving a short 30 minute appointment in which we apply a gel remover. The gel remover is applied on top of the extensions without touching the skin and allowed to sit for 10 minutes. Once the adhesive is dissolved the extensions are gently wiped away with lint free applicators exposing the natural lashes.
How long will it take to do my eyelashes?
The application process for lash extensions normally takes about 90-120 minutes for a full set of lashes and 45-60 minutes for a refill. You will lay comfortably during application & your lower lashes will be covered and the extensions will be applied only to your upper lashes one at a time.